- What is a mystery shopper?
- How do I become a mystery shopper?
- What does mystery shopping involve?
- What type of person can be a mystery shopper?
- Can I make mystery shopping a full time job?
- Are there any downsides to becoming a mystery shopper?
- What is the minimum age to become a mystery shopper?
- Do I have to have any qualifications to become a mystery shopper?
- I live on one of the small Islands off of the UK, is there any call for Mystery Shoppers here?
- Am I able to work from one of your offices?
- Do you have a need for disabled mystery shoppers?
A: A mystery shopper is a person who poses as a real customer whilst assessing customer service levels provided by a company or organisation.
A: Complete our online application form - click here to apply now (unfortunately we do not accept postal or telephone applications)
A: A mystery shopping 'assignment' can be a telephone call, email, letter, website survey, face to face visit or home visit, the list is very long.
A: Mystery shoppers need to have a good memory, observational and writing skills. A mystery shopper needs to be committed, able to work to strict or tight deadlines, be enthusiastic and reliable.
A: It is highly unlikely that many people could make a full time living out of mystery shopping as assignments vary in location and clients can sometimes be agent profile specific (for example: a client may require a female under 25 who drives a Peugeot to go to a garage). Mystery Shopping is a great way for people who would like to earn a few extra pounds in their spare time or whilst going about their usual day.
A: Not really, however once you commit to an assignment, you must be able to complete it from start to finish within the deadline stated. You must be able to remain calm and think quickly if you are suspected of being a mystery shopper too as you should never reveal that you are!
A: Our mystery shoppers must be aged 18 or over.
A: No formal qualifications are required, however you must be able to speak, read and write English competently, with good grammar and punctuation for report writing. You must have regular access to a PC, Internet and Email.
A: Mystery Shoppers can be required in any UK & Ireland location. We never guarantee work to any of our mystery shoppers, so join today - you never know, there could be work available for you.
No, all mystery shoppers work from their own home. You must have regular access to a PC, Internet and Email.
A: Yes, most definitely. Please complete the application form and submit.
- How long does each assignment take?
- How many assignments will I get?
- How will I know when I have an assignment?
- Do I have to do the assignment?
- How quick do I need to complete the assignment report form?
- How do I complete the assignment report form?
- Do I keep my paperwork or send to you?
- What do I do with my receipt(s)?
A: Assignments vary in length of time depending on the type of mystery shop. This could range from a 2 minute phone call to assessing an airline by taking a flight!
A: We never guarantee regular assignments to our mystery shoppers. Assignments are based on the clients' needs or requirements.
A: We have over 70,000 mystery shoppers on our database. Depending on the criteria you selected on your application form, we are able to search and filter our database specifically to our clients' requirements. Mystery shoppers will then be sent an email by ourselves with the assignment information and be asked to contact us if they would like to accept the assignment.
Q: Do I have to do the assignment?
A: No. If you are sent an assignment by email, you do not have to accept it. That's why we give you the opportunity of replying to state that you are interested.
Q: How quick do I need to complete the assignment report form?
A: Report forms are to be completed and submitted within 24 hours of completing the assignment unless you are instructed otherwise by ourselves.
A: Our assignment forms are Internet based and instructions will be issued to you when you accept the assignment.
A: Any paperwork should be kept for 3 months after the assignment in case of any queries.
A: As part of an assignment, you may be required to make a purchase, therefore you would need to keep your receipt and send it to us when requested as proof of your visit and purchase.
- How much will I get paid?
- How will I be paid?
- When will I be paid?
- Who pays my National Insurance & Income Tax?
- How many hours will I work a week?
- Will I be interviewed?
A: The amount we pay for each assignment varies depending on its length and complexity. You will be advised of the fee in the initial email from ourselves.
A: Cheque or Paypal - you can nominate either.
A: We usually on receipt of a completed report form and any necessary expense and additional paperwork.
A: As a mystery shopper you are classed as self employed and required to declare your earnings to the Inland Revenue.
A: There is no guarantee. Some weeks/months we may not have any work for you and some we may have many - it depends on our clients and their requirements.
- What do I do once I have completed my online application form?
- Why does your form ask for so much personal information?
- Is my personal information shared with a third party?
- Why do I have a unique ID and password?
- Could I please be emailed my sign-in details, as I have forgotten them?
- I have recently registered to become a mystery shopper at your site and I have received an ID and password only I can to seem to find the "log in" button! Can you help please?
- Could you please advise how to log in onto your site as I'm not able to figure that out.
A: Once you have completed your online application form, you will receive an email from us within 48 hours with further information.
A: Clients can be specific in their requirements. We ask for your car and home details etc. as this makes it easier for us to send the assignment to the right people. We cannot email 70,000 mystery shoppers for each assignment, so we filter our database to fit the client's requirement and only email those who match the criteria for the assignment.
A: No, Absolutely not. The information you give is for us to select the right mystery shopper for the right assignment.
A: All mystery shoppers are given a unique ID and password, in order for us/or you to verify that the email address matches the individual who submitted the online application.
A: We are currently working on a log in facility for our mystery shoppers. We will notify you by email when this function is available.
A: We are currently working on a log in facility for our mystery shoppers. We will notify you by email when this function is available